If you are looking for a gluten-free cake that tastes just like a traditional cake, this flourless marble cake is the recipe for you. The cake turns out moist, tender and buttery even though there is no butter used in this recipe. You’re sure to be surprised by how much this tastes just like a regular cake.
For more recipes like this visit JoJo’s Healthy Living.
4 cups raw cashews
8 large eggs
¼ cup raw cacao powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup avocado or olive oil
1 tablespoon vanilla powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9-inch round springform pan with oil.
- Coarsely grind the cashews using a Vitamix blender or food processor
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, whisk together the eggs, oil, brown sugar, baking powder and vanilla powder.
- Now, add cashew flour and continue to blend the mixture until the cake batter is smooth in consistency. This is the base cake batter.
- Transfer one quarter of the cake batter to a smaller bowl
- Add the raw cocoa powder to the cake batter in the small bowl and blend until mixed well and smooth in consistency. This is the chocolate cake batter.
- Add the base batter from the large bowl into to the prepared baking pan.
- Spoon the chocolate cake batter on top of the base cake batter, adding dollops in a circle around the edges of the baking pan.
- Using a knife, swirl the batter together, taking care not to blend the two too thoroughly.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden and fully cooked.
- Let it cool in the pan for ten minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.